“Baby, it’s cold outside…” doesn’t even begin to cut it. With the official arrival of winter mere weeks away — and temperatures taking a dive as we speak — now’s the time to buckle down and locate a winter coat that ticks all the boxes (stylish, huggable and Instababe-approved). Hesitate too long, and your size or preferred style will have already sold out and a not-so-desirable Plan B (or Plan C) might have to kick in. To ensure you don’t have to settle for a sartorial snoozer, we’ve done the legwork for ya. Instead of shelling out the moolah for a transitional quilted coat or a waist-length wool topper that’s not going to make it past December anyway, we’ve uncovered 10 long coats for women that pack a punch and, more importantly, promise to shield you from an upcoming cold front. Between timeless car coats that fall just above the knee and ankle-skimming puffer jackets, dressing like you’re from the North Pole won’t even be a thang this season.
1. ASOS Made in Kenya Hooded Throw on Coat in Wool ($143): There is such a thing as spreading instant cheer wherever you go via your coat of the day. In lieu of classic camel hues and overdone grays, this vibrant throw-on-and-go wool topper is as toasty (and colorful) as they come. Pair with a statement-making tee, cropped flares and suede burgundy-hued ankle booties for maximum impact.
2. H&M Double-Breasted Coat ($129): Unless you’re a New Yorker who swears by an all-black-errthang aesthetic, we don’t recommend a wardrobe of blasé neutrals. Enter the striking womens peacoat that pays tribute to Andy Sachs’ infamous cerulean sweater. You best believe you’ll be stopped on the subway and complimented on the streets for your high-fashion sensibilities.
3. Front Row Shop Oversized Leopard Wool Coat ($226): Rawr is right. You’ve got the sparkly steppers, a punchy-hued saddle bag and now all that’s missing is a scene-stealing leopard print coat that will lend itself well to many a GNOs, holiday shindigs and fashionable outings. Style it alongside some high-waisted black jeans, horizontal stripes and menswear-inspired brogues for a look that would do Alexa Chung proud.
4. Front Row Shop Camel Double Breasted Longline Coat ($280): A camel coat? For winter? Groundbreaking. But actually. This double-breasted coat is less mainstream, more model-off-duty — we’re looking at you, Karlie Kloss. Pair with leather pants, mid-heel ankle boots and a signature pout for a look that slays on and off the clock.
5. H&M Wool-Blend Coat ($129): For every trend-right cover-up, you need a timeless coat that even your mom (and grandma) would approve of. What this gray wool-blend coat lacks in bells and whistles it more than makes up for in wear-everywhere appeal. With a tie-waist, this hero piece can be tossed over a crisp button-down and black culottes for the ultimate work-to-happy-hour look, or teamed with stirrup leggings, a slouchy cold-shoulder sweater and off-duty sneakers for a DGAF (because it’s too cold!) ‘tude.
6. Zara Long Quilted Feather Down Coat ($199): Thirty percent chance of snowfall, nothing. You’re not messing around when it comes to bundling up in the appropriate outerwear this season. This high-performance quilted down jacket women gives off serious don’t-mess-around-vibes. When there’s a foot of snow on the ground and it’s time to shovel out your car, you’ll be solid gold, baby.
7. Free People Anaheim Coat ($228): Mad for plaid doesn’t even begin to describe our obsession with this beige menswear-inspired overcoat featuring oversized pockets and a streamlined silhouette. Did we mention that it channels that comfy-cozy feeling? Oh yeah. This is what you slip on for a chic excursion around the block to grab coffee or when dropping off packages at the post office.
8. ASOS Longline Coat in Patched Animal Faux Fur ($143): Fierce outerwear is non-negotiable when it comes to slaying from a.m. to p.m. — and dipping in and out of bars as a primary source of warmth. For a look that says me-ow, team this soft-to-the-touch faux fur coat womens with a silky slip dress, tailored black trousers and ankle boots. Let the dark green patches and oversized pockets serve as visual interest to your commuter style alongside some snazzy metallic steppers.
9. Cartonnier Collared Sienna Coat ($258): Practically out of a Wes Anderson flick, this retro-feeling collared coat brings to mind weekends spent in the English countryside. The ochre hue and burgundy faux fur collar will have you reaching for your cold weather-approved maxis and breaking out the occasional pinafore dress in no time.
10. & Other Stories Long Fuzzy Coat ($275): Texture reigns supreme when it comes to this Fozzie Bear-inspired fuzzy coat that’s just as huggable as it looks. Top it over an intarsia knit sweater and leather culottes for your nine-to-five, before subbing in a little black dress and some ankle strap steppers for a black tie gala.
PingbackDecember 5, 2016 at 1:07 pm