We know, we know — there’s a lot on your plate right now: finding the perfect gift for Mom and Dad (not to mention your boss and coworkers!), getting ahead at work and juggling a full social calendar. Sartorial matters might be far from your mind, but let’s be real — ’tis the season to go all out in the style department. And girl, you’ve got to have the right duds. Ugly sweaters and holiday statement pieces aside, a killer dress for party, show-stopping pumps and a jaw-dropping pouch bag are just a few party circuit essentials that need to make their way into your closet STAT. Since you have a lengthy to-do list to take care of, this week’s edition of The Edit is bringing you a slew of party-ready pieces that will take you from now until NYE in style. Scroll on for 14 chic bodsyuits, dresses, bags and baubles with It girl-approved edge.
1. H&M Sweatshirt With Printed Design ($25): Don’t even think of embarking on the party circuit without at least one tacky AF option on standby. This sassy sequined sweatshirt is ripe for the pickin’ as far as ugly sweater parties are concerned. Rock it at the office with a metallic pleated midi skirt and ankle boots or go all out with a festive headpiece and shimmery eye makeup for a get-together with the girls.
2. Topshop Regal Satin Brooch Mules ($100): A killer pair of steppers is always in order, especially when there’s a slew of festive events on the agenda. Upgrade a trusty LBD in a snap by adding these beauties (and a pair of shimmery socks) and a faux fur coat to the mix, or pop ’em on with a velvet jumpsuit for an ah-mazing anything-but-a-dress ensemble. Best-dressed status officially achieved.
3. Zara Long Velvet Scarf ($16): When it’s cold as all get-out, baring it all just isn’t an option. Because duh. Skip the expected ’90s choker and opt for an accoutrement with a little more oomph. This skinny velvet scarf will bring the drama to romantic boho dresses and structured jackets alike. And yeah — they’re 100-percent HR approved.
4. ASOS Knitted Sweater and Skirt With Metallic Fringing Co-ord ($99): If you thought matching sets were strictly reserved for the over-60 crowd, think again. Asymmetrically styled silver fringe brings a punch of pizzazz to otherwise understated separates, making for a ready-to-fête getup that feels surprisingly cutting edge. Keep the cool factor in check with laser-cut booties, a sleek ‘do and siren red pout.
5. Noir Jewelry Phecda Ring ($32): It’s all about the bling. The holiday season is the perfect time to get flashy, but if sequins and glitter aren’t your thing, you might be wondering just how to get your shine on. This celestial ring is just what the doctor ordered, combining scene-stealing with understated design elements for a serious wow-worthy look. The only thing missing? A killer mani.
6. Free People Izzy Faux Fur Jacket ($98): Leather? Whatever. Take your ensemble straight into street style territory with a lush faux fur coat womens that screams girl gone glam. Play it cool with a wrap slip dress and classic ankle-strap heels for a romantic dinner date with bae, or go OTT for an upcoming GNO with a silver shift dress, an embellished box clutch and bold baubles.
7. Milly Zebra Box Clutch ($97): Don’t underestimate the power of a show-stopping bag. Kick your go-to crossbody to the curb and adopt this exotic clutch instead. Your after-hours swag — lipstick, keys and cab fare — never looked so good.
8. New Look Deco Wrap Choker Necklace ($23): ‘90s chic meets Art Deco glamour. For a festive look that is straight-up timeless, take this OMG-gorgeous number for a test drive alongside a velvet bodysuit, faux fur stole and a classy lady pouch to achieve a double-tap-worthy look.
9. Converse Holiday Party High Top Chucks ($80): File these unexpected steppers under must-have pieces to scoop up STAT. Wear them out caroling with a bright cable knit sweater, slip ’em on alongside a statement puffer or accessorize with an equally as eye-catching pair of drop earrings to put a downtown edge on a simple black dress.
10. H&M Glittery Bodysuit ($25): One bodysuit, so many possibilities. You’ll have no problem styling up this stunner on repeat — you can play it safe by tucking it into a pair of high-waisted denim, or channel your inner femme fatale with stiletto ankle boots and a sleek ponytail.
11. Express Sheer Black Bodysuit Maxi Dress Online ($70): What would holiday season be without at least one swoon-inducing frock? Put the sequins on pause by subbing in this daring maxi dress for your next girls’ night out. Keep it classy with classic heels and a statement cuff to make jaws drop. We have a feeling it won’t be long before this number becomes a regular in your rotation.
12. Club Monaco Rahma Sweater ($150): ’Tis the season to snuggle up in a mountain of cozy sweaters. When you’re not schmoozing with the best of ‘em at a swanky charity soiree, you can be found sipping hot cocoa and crafting Christmas gifts with your besties. Your off-duty uniform of choice? This cable knit number, boy jeans and faux fur-lined loafers. Top it off with fresh-faced makeup, a checked coat and a messy topknot for a French girl-approved ensemble.
13. Guess Striped Sequin Dress ($90): Hello, gorgeous! For an effortless look that can be styled in two seconds flat, toss this silver striped sequin mini dress on with ankle-strap block heels and voila — you’re ready to hit the party circuit in style.
14. ASOS Wrap Cami Top in Velvet ($43): ICYMI: (But with your street style rep, we doubt you have.) Velvet is having a major moment, and no holiday soiree should go by without at least one piece in the super soft fabric on standby. In a sea of look-at-me dresses, this velvet wrap cami — teamed with tailored jacquard trousers and gilded Mary Janes, no less — will turn heads and make jaws drop. The best part: You can wear it again and again — can you say that of a flashy frock?