During a season dominated by blustery temps and a brutal windchill, even the tiniest glimmer of hope a la your cold-weather accessories can prove to be game-changing. Sure, you may be freezing from head to toe — despite your arsenal of longline coats and faux fur essentials already on standby — but at least you’ve got a cheeky beanie or a goofy pair of mittens to keep you in high spirits when it’s cold AF. Not to mention the fact that you’ll be spreading cheer wherever you go. Don’t delay: We’ve got you covered with 10 playful wintry knits that will make you and random passersby smile.
1. Tommy Hilfiger Knitted Scarf With Detachable Poms in Two Colors ($113): Poms = instant bliss, amirite? With detachable navy and red pom-poms, this quirky wool scarf will conquer a case of the winter blahs like that.
2. Yumi Polar Optimists Scarf ($65): Not even single-digit temps can get you down! This fuzzy polar bear scarf was made for the eternal optimist in all of us. The mere sight of the pom-pom tail and printed paws will conjure happy thoughts even when the weather’s downright gloomy.
3. Kate Spade Bunny Ear Beanie ($68): You had us at leather bunny ears. For a posh look that would do any urban sophisticate proud, team this black beanie with a bow-neck blouse, a leather pleated skirt and fancy velvet loafers. Winter formal awaits you.
4. Mischa Lampert Nolita Hat ($338): Drastic temperatures call for drastic measures. Introducing the OTT cozy knit earflap hat that calls to mind moon boots, long-line puffer jackets and, you guessed it, the North Pole. You laugh now, but come the first legitimately cold day of the season (or your first trip to the ski slopes — whichever comes first), you’ll be reaching for this piece alongside a thermal crew and knee-high socks.
5. Missguided Black Ribbed Badge Beanie ($14): Too much sass? Not possible. This rad badge beanie has no shortage of personality and pizzazz to go around. Not only will it lend a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to every #OOTD, but it’ll look boss lady-approved with an embroidered slogan denim jacket and Doc Martens in tow.
6. Front Row Shop Colorblock Faux Fur Scarf ($36): As if you would even consider blending in with the crowd. Ditch the drab winter accessories for this man-repelling color-block faux fur scarf (those poms!) with major traffic-stopping potential. For maximum impact, pair with a leather mini, patent stiletto OTK boots and fishnet tights.
7. Missguided Christmas Tree Hat ($18): ‘Tis the season to deck the halls with tacky fair isle sweaters and apparently unsightly Christmas tree hats that can be spotted at least a mile away. Blinged out with metallic beads and a shining star, this beanie is guaranteed to put you in a holidaze. Wear it all December long for no shortage of fa-la-las to go around.
8. Wildfox Super Fries Finger Food Gloves ($51): Our selfie-obsessed generation can officially let out a sigh of relief — super fries-inspired gloves do exist. *Adds to cart without hesitation for a late-night McDonald’s run (what else?) or morning commute.*
Which of these playful cold weather-approved accessories will you be investing in?